Added: January 15, 2019
Sale Price: £40,000.00 to £50,000.00
Location: England - North West
SDH Project Services are currently looking for the following after winning a contract to start in the new year.
Senior Quantity Surveyor £40,000 to £50,000 + 10% bonus + Car/Car allowance + package (Depending on level and experience)
This role is the perfect opportunity for a candidate looking to further their career within a progressive organisation that is continuing to grow at a steady pace.
• Order of cost estimates
• The preparation of tender and contract documents such as bills of quantities
• Performing risk, value management and cost control
• Undertaking cost analysis for small to medium construction works involving ground and utilities works where required.
• Advising on procurement strategy
• Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
• Allocating work to sub-contractors
• Identifying and responding to commercial risks
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed reports
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments
We are looking to recruit a qualified SQS with a construction cost management background, civils knowledge would be good, as would telecoms, capable of producing order of cost estimates and cost plans stages 1, 2 & 3, from inception to completion to handover.
• Use of measurement software such as cost X and experience of producing BoQ’s.
• Analysis of client instructions, tender documents, returns and reports on findings.
• Measurement and preparation of budget estimates.
• Understanding and working to NEC3 Option B is preferred, good understanding and experience in the use of NEC and JCT Contracts.
• Develop and utilise key project documents.
• Undertake site visits, carry out site surveys.
• Assess different work streams.
• Track Cost/change/variations
• Managing Contractual Compensation Events from E2E in accordance with the Short Schedule of Cost Components.
• Input to the Project Risk Register
• Preparation and submission of monthly/interim valuations certs.
• Assessing and agreeing final accounts.
• Must be degree educated in Quantity Surveying or equivalently qualified
You will receive a competitive basic salary plus car/ car allowance, bonus, and a company pension. Please enquire for full details on package inclusions.
Candidates must be able to work away from home and willing to travel around the UK.
This is a permanent role.
If you feel you meet the criteria and if you’re interested in this role, please send us your CV