Added: March 8, 2019
Sale Price: £60000
Location: England - East Anglia
Phone: 0203 887 1893
Job Reference: #54
Our client, is large and well-respected regional construction business, that deliver large to medium scale construction projects within the Anglia and East of England region. Due to continued work demands we are looking to source a Tender Planner/ Planner to join their large preconstruction department, based at their offices in Cambridge, to provide planning & logistical support for both construction & preconstruction teams.
They are looking for someone who is at least at the intermediate Planner level or greater, who has held a full-time planner’s position for at least 5 years (ideally 10) & that they feel would suit a slightly higher position now with the experiences they have gained.
You will need to live near to Cambridge or be willing to relocate to be close.
• Programme preparation, working with the team to prepare a pre-construction/construction programme & methodology at tender stage.
• Working with the pre-contract team (design manager, estimator, bid manager, planner) in reviewing drawings & specifications to ensure they prepare a compliant bid. Attend bid/ adjudications & mid tender review meetings & comment on the proposed construction method & suggest alternatives if applicable.
• Work with the team at the outset to determine method, sequence & phasing of the project.
• Comment on buildability of designs & offer advice on other options.
• Being part of the design team, subcontractor and pre-start meetings & contributing to the meetings, offering advice & support on the construction methodology.
• Assist the team in the preparation of design deliverables and Information Release Schedules.
• Assist the estimating team in preparation of sub- contractor packages for tender, advising of construction requirements which are to be noted by the subcontractor in the preparation of their quotations. Assist in the preparation of cost plan/affordability with their Commercial Manager.
• Attend risk meetings/risk ownership & support the team with advice & best practice.
• Attend client meetings, post tender interviews & support the team with construction knowledge in order to win the bid.
• Assist the estimator & commercial manager in the preparation of the cost plan, offering advice on the required site set up, including crane choice/location, site set up requirements (welfare) & location.
• The person should have experience in meeting deadlines, but not compromising on quality. Produce programmes and planning information for both tenders and live projects. These programmes are to be detailed and fully logic linked enabling live progress to be entered and the activities rescheduled to update the planned completion date. This technique is used with a baseline to monitor progress on all our projects on a monthly basis and can also be used to support compensation events. As necessary they would expect the candidate to liaise with the site team and assist in the production of amended programmes. On tenders, the programme is to be sufficiently developed to ensure timescales in the contract data are achievable and allows prelim costs to be determined.
• As a minimum they must be proficient in working with ASTA Powerproject & experience in working with Primavera P6, & MSP would be a bonus.
• The candidate must have experience in new build as well as extension & refurbishment projects with new build elements, be experienced in high end finishes with complex design elements, be experienced in logistically challenging projects, including city centre projects.
• They should have experience in RC Frame, Steel Frame and timber frame solutions, as well as having experience in MEP installations.
• Experience across many sectors including commercial, residential, leisure and retail.
• Fully competent using project planning tools such as Asta Powerproject, Microsoft Project, etc. Also (but not essential) in working with Primavera P6 & MSP & be able to undertake Analytical reporting.
• Excellent I.T. and presentation skills fully competent using all MS Office software.
• Good communication skills at all levels.
• They should be suitably qualified for their current role (e.g. SMSTS Construction Site Safety Certificate, CSCS Card holder, NVQ 4 Construction Site Management, MCIOB member, ASTA Powerproject; Primavera P6; Knowledge of NEC conditions of Contract; CDM regulation 2015; etc.).
Salary paid will be circa up to £60,000 (possibly negotiable), depending on experience. 25 days holiday, salary reviewed each July, company car (not car allowance), company pension (4% employer contribution) and good prospects of career progression.
Call Bill Wynn on 0203 887 1893 or email: email@example.com
Apply now for further details and immediate consideration. Construction Futures are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer. Services advertised by Construction Futures are that of an Employment Agency/Business.